Monday, January 15, 2007

Question of the Day?

I'm sure we all remember Aladin, the arab man who rubbed a lamp and found himself a Genie that would grant him 3 wishes. And surely once most people got thinking, his wishes were pretty dumb, the most obvious thing would be to wish for more wishes. But lets put aside being annoying & asking for more wishes; if you had one wish only, what would it be?

So I remember giving much thought to it over the years. What does one want if one can have anything? Sure we all wouldnt mind a billion, or a trillion dollars but why wish for the money and not the capability of creating the money? But money is pretty boring to wish for anyways, we can come by it one way or another, so what would be the next thing? A superpower would be neat right? Flying is pretty cool, but who doesnt want to fly and again we have several things to fly with now, so that answer is pretty much redundant too.

Then I came up with the best thing to wish for; it just makes so much sense. The ability to stop time. If you could stop time, you could travel anywhere and do anything. You could make a billion just by going over to your bank, walking past the frozen bodies and unload a small amount into a handy $-marked bag, and skip away, pulling the managers pants down while you go out.

But if you think through it how much better your life would be if you could stop time. One of the first things that came to my mind was that every time I had to get up to Uni and didnt because I wanted to sleep, tadaa problem solved. Thats just thinking small though, there would be so many other things. Now if you would add to that power of stopping time, the power to also let other people enjoy the stopped time i.e. if you held their hand they would be unfrozen too.

Then I started getting confused though, I started thinking through it too much and started wondering what would happen to objects such as cars, planes etc. would they also be frozen? and if so, did that mean i could not go for a joyride because the gas would not flow in the pistons. I think you'd be pretty ticked off if you found you wished for stopping time and you couldn't do anything. I guess what Aladin needed back then was a lawyer to set up terms & conditions so that everything went to plan.

We can expand on this wish as well. Instead of only being able to stop time, why not control time. But that just gets you into a lot of trouble if I've learned anything from movies such as Click. At the end of the day you're not gonna get that wish, so dream on buddy!

Let me know what you would wish for?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have asked for the money anyways. Stopping time did not appeal to me as much as lying in a pool of cash.... And yea... I love dreaming about it!